The Jr. Fair Board is a group of teens selected to assist in being responsible for Jr. Fair activities. As a result of participation, Jr. Fair Board will develop knowledge, skills, attitudes and aspirations needed for adult success, and the Marion County Junior Fair program will be strengthened and expanded.
- To apply you must be 14 years old by January 1, 2020 and in GOOD standing as a 4-H, FFA, Scouts, Farm Bureau, FCCLA or any other youth organization.
- Applications will be screened and selected individuals will be contacted for interviews if needed.
- Return the following by September 18, 2019
- Jr. Fair Board Application (completed and signed).
- Two (2) Letters of recommendations – one letter from a Junior Fair related organization and one from an educational/community-related individual who can speak to your dedication and work ethic. Forms cannot be filled out by family members.
JUNIOR FAIR BOARD RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with Junior Fair Specie Barn Advisors.
- Assist in planning and conducting Junior Fair activities, shows and events.
- Attend all year-round (monthly) and special meetings and special events of the Junior Fair Board and department committees. If unable to attend, personally notify the Extension Office. The Constitution is strict regarding attendance!
- Maintain active and model membership in the organization you are representing on the Board for your full term.