JUNIOR FAIR ONLINE ENTRIES
- Fair Entry: Beef Feeder/Beef Breeding
- Fair Entry: Dairy
- Fair Entry: Dairy Feeder
- Fair Entry: Poultry
- Fair Entry: Rabbit
- Fair Entry: Swine
FFA Exhibitors will work with their ag instructors to come up with the proper report for skillathon. Click here to download the Marion County FFA Member Skillathon Record Book Evaluation Checklist.
Quality Assurance (QA) Certification is required for all youth exhibiting or selling a hog, beef (market steer, beef breeding, beef feeder calf or dairy feeder calf), lamb (market or breeding), goat (market, dairy, utility, or pygmy), poultry (broiler, fancy, pullets, turkey, or water fowl), rabbit (breeding or market), or dairy (cow or heifer) at the Marion County Junior Fair.
FOR 2020 ONLY:
For our livestock project members and families, Ohio 4-H and the Ohio Department of Agriculture discussed some changes for this year that will help mitigate the effects the coronavirus is having on holding in-person programming.
For livestock quality assurance (QA) for the 2020 year only:
- QA must still be completed before the opening day of exhibition, however the 45-day prior to the opening of the exhibition requirement will not be enforced.
- Youth livestock exhibitors (8-18) may take the online YQCA certification.
Exhibitors will be responsible for providing verification of QA being conducted in 2020, in order to exhibit at the 2020 Marion County Fair. OSU Extension - Marion County WILL NOT be following up with those who have not provided proof of QA.
All Marion County Youth must have the QA Certification by May 17. Please pay close attention to the dates and plan accordingly.
Certification can be obtained in three ways:
1) You can participate in an approved QA program provided by an agriscience teacher in school.
2) Youth can participate in an approved QA program provided by OSU Extension at the county or state level.
QA Program Dates
February 18 @ 6 p.m. – River Valley High School
Assuring Quality Care for Animals Young Member Workshop – April 2 @ 6-8:30 p.m. POSTPONED
April 14 @ 6 p.m. – Evers Arena POSTPONED
May 14 @ 6 p.m. - Evers Arena
• Youth may attend any QA regardless of the animal they are exhibiting.
• Parent attendance is not required, but encouraged for QA Programs.
• Youth should plan to arrive early, as youth will not receive credit for attending if they arrive more than 10 minutes after the program starts. Youth must complete and submit the attendance card at the end to receive credit.
3) Youth can participate in the test out option.
All youth 12-14 years of age (4-H age) may take a LQA test designed for their age group. If they pass the test with a score of 70% or greater, the youth will be certified in LQA until they turn 15 years old.
All youth 15-18 years of age (4-H age) may take a QA test designed for their age group. If they pass the test with a score of 70% or greater, the youth will be certified in LQA for the remainder of their Junior Fair years.
Youth are only permitted to take one test per calendar year. If a youth does not pass the QA test, they will be required to attend a QA program to gain certification.
Youth should review the Quality Assurance section of their resource handbook in preparation for the test.
QA Testing Dates
Participants must call to pre-register.
March 31 at 6 p.m., Marion County Extension Office
THURSDAY, APRIL 2, 2020- 6-8:30 P.M.
Marion County OSU Extension is excited to again offer a more hands on learning experience for youth to learn about Quality Assurance. At this workshop youth will be presented ALL of the same material that is shown at County-wide Quality Assurance but through small group learning and more hands on experiences.
This workshop is geared toward members 8-12 years of age in the county and NO test out option will be given.
Location: OSU Extension - Marion County, 222 W. Center Street, Marion
Details: Open to the first 30 youth who register by March 20, 2020 NO LATE REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED!
Contact information: OSU Extension 740-223-4040 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Call the office today to register youth for April 2 program or to get additional information on other Quality Assurance Programs.