Illustrated Talk or Demonstration----Without Use of Computer Technology
Junior Individual (age 8-11)
Junior Team (age 8-11)
- The presenter uses appropriate props and other visual aides to teach others about a subject or how to do something.
- May use charts, posters, pictures to deliver their Illustrated Talk or to stress points with their Demonstration.
- PowerPoint or computer-generated messages are not used in this class.
- Presenters are evaluated on their ability to convey information and teach on a particular topic. Presentation should last between 6-9 minutes.
Illustrated Talks or Demonstrations---with or without the use of Computer Technology
Intermediate Individual (age 12-13)
Intermediate Team (age 12-13)
Senior Individual (age 14 and up)
Senior Team (age 14-up)
- The presenter uses appropriate props and computer-generated visual aides to teach others about a subject or how to do something. Use of computer-generated visuals is NOT required. Examples:
- A demonstration may be delivered in this category. PowerPoint type slides may be added in addition to other props to help present their message.
- An Illustrated Talk may be delivered in this category, with the member using PowerPoint type technology to present their entire visual message; accompanied by their live narration
- Requires live speech delivered along with any PowerPoint or poster message. (No pre-recorded narration)
- Member is evaluated on their communication skills and their ability to effectively use technology, posters, or other props to enhance their presentation.
- Illustrated Talks/Demonstrations should be 9-12 minutes in length.
- Presenters are required to furnish their own equipment for this presentation except for an LCD projector, screen, and extension cord.
- Members may participate in more than one category. If selected for state fair, a member can only participate in one category.
- Microphones, easels, and tables will be provided if needed
- Up to 25 4-H entries may be selected for state fair participation with no more than five entries per category. *SR. TEAM IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR STATE FAIR.*
- Clubs are not limited by the number of participants that may enter.
- A team demonstration consists of two people sharing the speaking and teaching role. When team members fall into two age categories, they will participate in the older class.
- Junior, Intermediate and Senior Division Special Awards:
First Place $20.00 $10.00
Second Place $16.00 $ 8.00
Third Place $12.00 $ 6.00
Contact Margo Long at email@example.com, if you have any interest in participation!